Sunday 13 October 2013

Mighty Monsters - Mantis

At the Wee Gamers day at W5 last month, I was very pleased to pick up a couple of complimentary plastic figures for Mantic's futuristic football game, Dreadball. Now, I'm not a football kind of guy to be honest, but I do like the Dreadball figures and the price was certainly right. The end result, is my first giant monster to wreck cities for Ganesha Games' Mighty Monsters.

I call him (or her - not sure which, I respect it's privacy), Mantis. Originality is not one of its strengths, but s/he, does what it says on the tin... so to speak.

I haven't used it yet as I don't have anything else in the way of monsters/robots/modern cities. But I'm looking forward to having a go. Hopefully I'll be able to organise some opposition in the next few weeks up at Wee Gamers. My current profile for the 300 point insectoid is as follows:

Head
Q:3
C:3
40 points
Special rules: Armour, Light (15); Fangs (10)
¡  ¡  ¡        ¢  ¢  ¢        £  £  £
Body
Q:4
C:3
40 points
Special rules: Armour, Light (15); Body Blade (35)
¡  ¡  ¡        ¢  ¢  ¢        £  £  £
Arms
Q:2
C:4
85 points
Special rules: Armour, Light (10); Grappler (15)
¡  ¡  ¡        ¢  ¢  ¢        £  £  £
Legs
Q:3
C:3
50 points
Special rules: Armour, Light (10)
¡  ¡  ¡        ¢  ¢  ¢        £  £  £
Generic Special Rules
Slow (-25)

And just because I like it, here is a bit more eye-candy - a sketch I found on the web (Apple Cider Mage's blog) which might very well have been concept art for Mantis, ever down to the residual set of limbs. I know nothing about the artist but I like the sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment