Wednesday 23 December 2015

Constructing downtown Berytos - part 1

Bread and Circuses, the fast and furious chariot racing rules I am working on, allows for races to be run away from the circus/hippodrome. To that end, I've started to mock-up a very simple, stylised set of buildings to allow my 6mm chariots to complete in street races.



I just used a cheap box kiddies building blocks which a glued together, mostly in small 'L's of differing dimensions to create a random selection of buildings. I then used a little bit of spakfilla /wall putty to smooth over the joins. 

Next step will be to spray paint everything a dark brown, and then use a light coloured, textured paint lightly over the top. With a little skill and a pinch of luck, that will do nicely...

And as this is almost certainly to be the last post before Christmas, I'd like to wish everyone a happy holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. That's a neat solution for 6mm, and versatile too! I'm testing a number of course designs myself, including street races. Lots of possibilities! This is all in anticipation of the Bread and Circuses official release, when I plan to build a couple of dedicated courses.

    Until then, best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete